Thursday 22 September 2011

Bloc Party frontman Kele Okereke fears he has been dropped

Bloc Party frontman british singer Kele Okereke fears that without his bandmates after a recording session has been dropped.

Leeds Festival tickets online

The Helicopters
hitmakers in 2009, while the gap has announced a solo album, Okereke worked, but
guitarist Russell Lissack confirmed in April that the group's reform plan was started on a new album.

However
, the band's singer, told the Planning and Okereke was left stunned
when Lissack, bassist Gordon Moakes and drummer Matt Tong staged a jam session together in New York without him.

He tells NME.com, "I was actually having lunch about three weeks ago... and I saw somebody walk past and I recognized the haircut. It was Russell. I was like, 'Hey!' but he didn't see me and I followed him around the corner and then I saw Matt, Gordon and Russell all standing outside this rehearsal space. They all went inside."

And Okereke can only hope he hasn't lost his job with Bloc Party: "I hope I haven't been fired. I don't really know what's going on, because we haven't really spoken recently and I'm a bit too scared to ask."

No comments:

Post a Comment